While no markings, we would place this toy early 1900's. Based on other pressed steel trains we have seen in the past, of a similar size, it looks to be an American early friction toy, probably manufactured in Dayton, Ohio.
A large toy that measures approximately 16 1/2" long, 4 1/2" wide and 7" tall. Considering its age, it is in good condition overall, with play wear and paint loss. It is actually amazing that it still has the front cow catcher and all its wheels. Original paint. No box. Most of the ones sold on eBay and elsewhere are missing a wheel or two. PLEASE SEE PHOTOS FOR CONDITION AND PLAY WEAR.
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.