Today, we are offering for sale a great tobacciana item – a vintage Arts & Crafts Figural Bird Cigar Cutter, made by Ignatius Taschner (1871-1913) – a sculptor and commercial artist from Munich, Germany. Made of copper and steel, it depicts a bird with lifting beak that also serves as a cigar cutter. The bird is holding an ashtray between its feet, ready to receive the stumps or butts of cigars or cigarettes. We couldn’t find any markings on it.
Dimensions: 6" tall and 5 1/4" deep, weight: 554 grams. In good condition and displaying patina especially on the copper bowl. One or 2 dents on the bowl's bottom.
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.