We decided to list the Improved Dr. Young’s Rectal Dilators in the Quack Medicine category. Although according to various medical practitioners, the product may be helpful in certain current conditions. The dilators were patented in 1892 by Frank E Young. We are not sure of the exact manufacturing date of this particular antique medical item, but we'd launch a guess and say it was sold by prescription in drugstores early 1920s. While you can see a bit of wear on the box due to its age, both the bakelite dilators and the original box are in great condition.
Fun fact: Amazon actually lists a contemporary version of such rectal dilators for a list price of $71.
With that in mind, please make us a reasonable offer and you can own a piece of medical history today!
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- PLEASE WAIT FOR INVOICE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT SO WE CAN CALCULATE AND INCLUDE SHIPPING COSTS.
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.