For sale is a genuine Roman gold hoop earring dating to approximately 150 AD. With a form of simple elegance, constructed from a piece of sheet gold, worked into a delicate arching shape. A beautiful piece of ancient jewellery, reflecting the elegance and opulence of the ancient Roman household.
Though during the Roman Republic jewellery was widely regarded as an ostentatious and unnecessary luxury, throughout the subsequent Imperial era the fashion for jewellery flourished. Naturally the upper classes were the greatest patrons of jewellers, however some gold adornments were worn by the middle classes, soldiers and even freed slaves. So it seems likely that this beautiful piece would have been worn by a woman from this spectrum of society.
Provenance: Ex. UK antiques dealer, formerly from private collection
Authenticity: All items are unconditionally guaranteed to be Authentic as described. For added security we offer a full money-back guarantee if a recognized authority disputes the authenticity of any object sold.
Diameter: ¾ of an inch
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more photographs to evaluate condition.
- If you live in the GTA, we can arrange pickup so you save on shipping costs.
- If you are interested in just a single item from our wholesale lots, we'll do our best to accommodate your request – just let us know what item you are interested in.
- Otherwise, make us an offer today!
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- PLEASE WAIT FOR INVOICE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT SO WE CAN CALCULATE AND INCLUDE TAXES AND SHIPPING COSTS.
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.