Most likely designed to sell candies at a local corner store. The tin should especially appeal to collectors from Romania, since the tin was made in Romania, Sibiu, circa 1940s. We tried to research provenance but couldn’t find anything similar. Great collectible and displays great! We find that, with vintage tins, the more colourful they are, the more in demand they are. The tin is unpolished and is offered for sale as found.
Are you nostalgic after the first centralized COOPs in Romania? The first law that established such institutions appeared at March 28, 1903. This vintage tin is the perfect collectible reflecting that period in the history of Romania.
Approx. dimensions: height: 21.5cm (8.46 in.), width: 13cm (5.11 in.), depth: 13cm (5.11 in.)
Weight: 366 grams (12.91 oz.)
Condition: A few dings and paint scratches but overall in good condition. Paint is still very vibrant, and as you can see from the photographs, very colourful. The tin has a plastic window at the base on one of the sides, which is still there. Please see the associated photographs to evaluate its condition. If you need more photographs, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Shipping: Contact us for exact shipping rate prior to making your payment.
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- PLEASE WAIT FOR INVOICE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT SO WE CAN CALCULATE AND INCLUDE TAXES AND SHIPPING COSTS.
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.