Artillery 1 1/2" Shell Coin Bank - Trench Art?
8 Inches tall, great patina. Patent applied in 1918
- Item # 349861
- Qty Available 1
Toy bank, trench art, or antique ammunition. Today's coin bank is made from an original 1 1/2" shell that can be argued to fall in all of the 3 categories. However, since the bottom displays 'Patent Appld For', one could argue that it is no more trench art, and it is just a manufactured toy bank made out of an old ammunition shell. We won't get into a whole discussion on what category this falls in, we'll just say that it is a great collectible to own, and that it certainly crosses over various areas of interest.
It is 8 inchess tall with a great patina. Feels solid and heavy in your hands, weighing in at 500g. From our research, the patent applied for this coin bank was in 1918. The stand shown in the photographs is not included.
For those who appreciate the history behind war and want to display a piece of it, military collectibles are a great way to learn about the historical relics of wars passed. Search our marketplace for militaria collecting.
- Feel free to evaluate its condition from the detailed photographs. If you have any questions about its condition, or would you like to review higher resolution photographs, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- If you live in the GTA, we can arrange pickup so you save on shipping costs.
- If you are interested in just a single item from our wholesale lots, we'll do our best to accommodate your request – just let us know what item you are interested in.
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- PLEASE WAIT FOR INVOICE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT SO WE CAN CALCULATE AND INCLUDE TAXES AND SHIPPING COSTS.
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.