Offered for sale today is an antique single bladed spring-loaded lancet in excellent condition. It was made sometimes during 1800s to 1860s, and was used for general bloodletting – the opening of an artery, or more commonly a vein. The case is made of brass and the blade is steel. The spring works like it's new. It takes a bit of effort to cock the instrument, and when triggered, the blade hits very strong. We did try it on a piece of meat and it really works very well even if the blade lost its sharpness by now. However, we strongly recommend you don't sharpen or polish such antiques as you will most likely damage its value. The instrument comes in a custom-made old box but not original to the instrument.
A great medical antique that can be yours today.
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- PLEASE WAIT FOR INVOICE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT SO WE CAN CALCULATE AND INCLUDE TAXES AND SHIPPING COSTS.
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.