Bullet Souvenir From The Gettysburg "National Museum" - Iron Cross
Nicely mounted on wood in the shape of the Iron Cross
- Item # 406338
- Qty Available 1
The bullet is mounted on wood in the shape of the Iron Cross. The front is labeled with: Gettysburg PA and on the back: Gettysburg National Museum.
We believe this to be an early souvenir piece from Gettysburg or surroundings, as there is no Gettysburg National Museum. There is a museum called the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum & Visitor Center located in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA. It is part of the Gettysburg National Military Park and is operated by the National Park Service.
The bullet was most likely picked up prior to 1933 when Gettysburg became a national park. The park was actually established by an act of Congress on June 7, 1924, but it was not fully dedicated and opened to the public until 1933. Once Gettysburg became a national park it has been illegal to pick up relics from the ground.
We couldn't find another example in the marketplace so we shall classify this bullet on a wooden Iron Cross as scarce.
While we cannot guarantee that it is indeed coming from the Gettysburg battlefield, we can assume it is, due to similar items sold early in stores in and around Gettysburg. It is a great piece of history and it is certainly an object that invites discussion.
Battle of Gettysburg
Jul 1, 1863 – Jul 3, 1863
If you are interested in this listing, we have another one similar: Civil War Relic Bullet Set of 9 (Minie Balls)
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more photographs to evaluate condition.
- If you live in the GTA, we can arrange pickup so you save on shipping costs.
- If you are interested in just a single item from our wholesale lots, we'll do our best to accommodate your request – just let us know what item you are interested in.
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- PLEASE WAIT FOR INVOICE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT SO WE CAN CALCULATE AND INCLUDE TAXES AND SHIPPING COSTS.
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.