The General History of the Late War by John Entick (and Other gentlemen)
1766 Scarce British War History / Canada MAPS French Indian American Revolution
- Item # 346201
- Qty Available 1
A complete First Edition in five volumes, printed in 1766. 8 maps, 36 portrait plates + frontispieces in each volume (41 total, complete as issued). Topic: Britain War French Indian American Revolution.
Condition report for these books: two volumes are split and separated, one volume has its rear cover detached, and one volume has been rebacked. Maps and plates in very condition. Some foxing.
All 5 books look great on the shelf in contemporary full calf bindings and ornate gilt tooling. Bookends are not included but they are for sale - solid walnut Hummel theme music box bookends with 2 different Swiss REUGE movements.
Feel free to evaluate its condition from the detailed photographs. If you have any questions about its condition, or would you like to review higher resolution photographs, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Similar first editions are for sale on AbeBooks at $2,500 USD and here at $2,497.91.
Looking for more? We are avid collectors of rare, vintage and antique books. Check often our marketplace as we often bring up for sale some of our own, among a great selection from other book vendors.
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- PLEASE WAIT FOR INVOICE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT SO WE CAN CALCULATE AND INCLUDE TAXES AND SHIPPING COSTS.
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.