Scarce 1888 Large Baby's Lullaby Book - Charles Stuart Pratt - 1st Edition!
Incredible Plates for Over 130 Years Old!
- Item # 367397
- Qty Available 1
You are looking at a scarce 1888 first edition copy of BABY’S LULLABY BOOK MOTHER SONGS by Charles Stuart Pratt - a nursery book. Featuring 15 incredible chromolithographs by Prang from water colors by W.L. Taylor and music by G.W. Chadwick, one of America's leading composers of the time, this large book was published in Boston by L. Prang & Co. Folio. It is unpaginated.
Book condition: Covers are board covered by printed white silk - rare. Fantastic mounted chromolithographic plates. Binding is loose (please see photos) and covers are stained indicating that the book was clearly enjoyed by many mothers and children. All 15 chromolithographic plates are clean and bright. Most original tissues protecting the chromolithographs are still in place but some are loose. Two of them are missing. One song page has one of the corners ripped, but the ripped corner is there. One can imagine a little child being too quick to turn the page and his or her mom carefully put it back to be preserved. 2 old price inscriptions in pencil on front blank pages. It is a great copy of an important and scarce antique children's book and priced according to its condition.
The book measures 13" x 11".
Feel free to evaluate its condition from the detailed photographs. If you have any questions about its condition, or would you like to review higher resolution photographs, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Looking for more? We are avid collectors of rare, vintage and antique books. Check often our marketplace as we often bring up for sale some of our own, among a great selection from other book vendors.
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- PLEASE WAIT FOR INVOICE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT SO WE CAN CALCULATE AND INCLUDE TAXES AND SHIPPING COSTS.
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.