A Pair of Late 18th Century Gentleman's Accessory Boxes
Materials used: lacquered leather and mahogany construction
- Item # 383239
- Qty Available 1
Based on our research, they look to be of English origin, probably late 18th century, and most likely used for men's clothing accessories, possibly for spectacles, collars, cuffs, belt buckles, pocket watches, and other things of such nature. You could imagine a 18th century gentleman using these to pack small accessories for travel - beautiful and tactile items to own and display. Both boxes are in great condition considering they are over 200 years old.
- Larger box: 25cm in length, 10.5 in height, 9cm wide
- Smaller box: 20cm in length, 8.5cm, 8cm wide
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more photographs to evaluate condition.
- If you live in the GTA, we can arrange pickup so you save on shipping costs.
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- PLEASE WAIT FOR INVOICE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT SO WE CAN CALCULATE AND INCLUDE TAXES AND SHIPPING COSTS.
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.