1st Edition of The Wartime Journals of Charles A. Lindbergh, Signed
New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Inc., 1970. Multiple Signatures!
- Item # 387778
- Qty Available 1
Why is this first edition of The Wartime Journals of Charles A. Lindbergh more special than the others? First, it is signed and inscribed by Charles Lindberg on the title page. Furthermore, it is signed on March 23rd 1973, one year before he passed away. In addition to his own signature, his wife Anne M. Lindbergh has signed it as well. Lastly, the book is also signed by Sam Pryor and Mary Tay Pryor - their neighbours in Maui. Sam Pryor was a vice president of Pan American Airlines. A unique combination of signatures just prior to their passing.
8vo in hardcover with full blue cloth and silver lettering and original dust jacket. Inscribed presentation copy for General Hunter Harris, the Commander in Chief of the Pacific Air Forces during World War 2, with multiple signatures: "To my old friend and fellow Air Force officer: Hunter Harris With admiration and best wishes, Charles A. Lindbergh Anne M. Lindbergh Sam Pryor Mary Tay Pryor March 23rd '73 Kipahulu".
Please evaluate the book condition from the detailed photographs. If you have any questions about its condition, or would you like to review higher resolution photographs, please do not hesitate to contact us. The stand used in the photographs is not included with the book.
Looking for more books? We are avid collectors of rare, vintage and antique books. Check often our marketplace as we often bring up for sale some of our own, among a great selection from other book vendors.
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- PLEASE WAIT FOR INVOICE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT SO WE CAN CALCULATE AND INCLUDE TAXES AND SHIPPING COSTS.
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.