19th Century Dhokra Turtle Folk Art Figure
Handmade, symbolizes longevity and prosperity - a wonderful decorative piece.
- Item # 389655
- Qty Available 1
Own a piece of folk art that traces back 4000 years - a late19th century Dhokra turtle made of brass.
Dhokra is a non-ferrous metal casting technique that uses the lost-wax process, also known as "Cire Perdue" in French. It is primarily used to create figurines, using a clay core mold and brass and copper alloys. The technique is believed to have originated in India around 4000 years ago. It is known for its intricate and detailed designs, and is considered to be a form of folk art. Dhokra is also known for its durability and resistance to corrosion.
Please evaluate its condition from the detailed photographs. If you have any questions, or would you like to review higher resolution photographs, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- If you live in the GTA, we can arrange pickup so you save on shipping costs.
- If you are interested in selling, one item or an entire collection, please contact us.
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- PLEASE WAIT FOR INVOICE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT SO WE CAN CALCULATE AND INCLUDE TAXES AND SHIPPING COSTS.
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.