African Carved Ivory Crocodile
Mid 20th century
- Item # 412638
- Qty Available 1
Offered for purchase is a beautifully carved ivory crocodile, originating from Africa during 1940s to 1950s. It is a wonderful decorative accent of a significant size of 12.75 inches. Excellent condition with a few hairline cracks commensurate with age.
Ivory carving has been a traditional art form in many African cultures for centuries. One popular subject for African ivory carvings was the crocodile, which holds symbolic significance in many African cultures as a powerful and fearsome creature. Ivory carvings of crocodiles often depicted the animal in a realistic and naturalistic style, with intricate details such as scales, teeth, and claws.
This listing is subject to export control and cannot be exported from Canada. The import or export of goods containing ivory, whale bone, sealskin, or items made from other endangered or protected species is often prohibited or restricted, and the import or export of such goods frequently calls for specific licenses or permissions. The purchaser is in charge of ensuring that the item is correctly and legally exported or imported. For further information, don't hesitate to get in touch with one of our experts.
- Feel free to evaluate its condition from the detailed photographs. If you have any questions about the condition, or would you like to review higher resolution photographs, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- If you live in the GTA, we can arrange pickup so you save on shipping costs.
- Do you have similar items that you'd like to sell? We are interested in buying, one item or an entire collection - please contact us.
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- PLEASE WAIT FOR INVOICE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT SO WE CAN CALCULATE AND INCLUDE TAXES AND SHIPPING COSTS.
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.