Antique German Swirl Marble
Hand-made late 1800's to early 1900's
- Item # 415338
- Qty Available 1
On the market today is a beautiful antique German-made swirly marble. Swirly marbles, also known as swirl or agate marbles, were first produced in Germany in the 19th century, and continued to be made into the 20th century. It doesn't have many play hit marks. After inspection we were left wondering if this particular one was ever played with. It does have a few chips, which are probably due to storage, handling, and display for such a long period of time - over 100 years old!
It is a large marble with the diameter of 1.15 inches.
This marble displays beautifully and it will be a great addition to any vintage or antique marbles collector. We included high-rez photos from different angles.
In the 1900s, German manufacturers began producing swirly marbles on a larger scale, and they quickly became very popular as toys and collectibles. These marbles feature a swirling pattern created by layering different colors of glass in a specific way, then heating and spinning the glass to form a marble.
These marbles were exported to countries all over the world, and were particularly popular in the United States. Today, antique German swirly marbles from the early 1900s are highly sought after by collectors, and can fetch high prices depending on their condition, rarity, and unique characteristics.
If you are interested in antique marbles, we have a similar German, hand-made Latticino marble for sale in the marketplace.
- Feel free to evaluate its condition from the detailed photographs. If you have any questions about its condition, or would you like to review higher resolution photographs, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- If you live in the GTA, we can arrange pickup so you save on shipping costs.
- If you are interested in selling a similar item - we buy, one item or an entire collection. Please contact us.
Shipping and Terms & Conditions
- PLEASE WAIT FOR INVOICE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT SO WE CAN CALCULATE AND INCLUDE TAXES AND SHIPPING COSTS, WHERE APPLICABLE.
- CANADIAN BUYERS PAY APPLICABLE TAXES. More information about how we apply taxes.
- We ship within 3-5 business days of receiving payment.
- Items are guaranteed to be authentic and as described. For additional security, we offer a money-back guarantee should a recognized authority argue the authenticity of any item sold.
- We strive to be fair and specific in our descriptions. Please read each auction and bid carefully, as all sales are final.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Restocking and other fees may be applicable as well.
- We do not offer refunds unless an item is inadvertently misrepresented (see above). Should a refund be given, it will be only for the cost of the item.
- We will make every attempt to resolve the issue if we inadvertently make a mistake (it happens). If you have any questions, pre- or post-purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- International Buyers: please note that import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the item price or shipping fees. These costs are the buyer’s responsibility. We describe items correctly on customs forms.
- In some cases, we are able to combine multiple items to save shipping costs. If you plan to purchase more than one item, delay payment and contact us after you have purchased the first item. Otherwise, all items are sent following cleared payment.